Get the inside story on the most unique place in St. John's.
It's also the layers of human experience that have accumulated in a place.
You may think it's just a rock you're looking at. But layers of human memory may call it Windsor Rock, with the story of a sailing captain who holed his schooner on it while tacking into port. Or Chain Rock, with a story of torpedoes exploding against a submarine net stretched across the Narrows in World War Two. Or where an episode of Republic of Doyle filmed the story of a fictional drug bust, or where the leprechauns hide their money...
While your eyes find laneways and houses, your ears will find the inside stories, including:
• Best-selling novelist Lisa Moore with her new short story set on the Battery.
• Governor-General's Award-winning poets Don McKay and Michel Savard celebrating quirky neighbours and quirkier geology.
• Painter Jean-Claude Roy showing you the vista through an artist's eyes.
• Battery livyers sharing personal stories, from fishing to falling overboard to finding a leprechaun's treasure.
• A grafitti artist spraying his Battery tags.
• Naval historian Gary Greene recounting the Battery's role in the Battle of the Atlantic during World War 2.
• Storyteller Dale Jarvis with a secret -very secret - ghost story.
• and more...