From time to time we offer 1-day workshops.
NEXT WORKSHOP: FALL 2016 - cancelled
UPDATE SEPT/16: Due to restricted availability of one of the workshop tools we use, we can't hold a Fall session this year. Sorry - this was unexpected. We'll source alternate tools and schedule a session later in 2017. Stay tuned.
ONE DAY, ONE APP!
How to create a GPS- triggered smartphone audio app for walkers without having to be a technical genius.
A 1-day WORKSHOP for heritage workers, community groups, oral historians, museum & tourism professionals, sound artists.
• Bring sounds, voices, memories, to the place where they happen • Take oral histories off the shelf and place them in a landscape. • Create location-based history, fiction, short stories, dramas. • Make a soundwalk in any location. • Place-based interpretation
We show you how to make a locational audio app without being a computer wizard.
You don't have to know html coding or be a techno-expert. You can use user-friendly web-based tools.
You'll leave the workshop with a basic app that you've created yourself - something that you can continue to build and offer to your community. The heritage, tourism, and artistic uses of such an app are limited only by your imagination.
• Brookes' radio documentary features have won over forty international awards including the Peabody Award and the Prix Italia, and have been broadcast around the world.
• McEwen holds an MA in Folklore from Memorial University, is a graduate of the Transom Story Workshop, and was acclaimed Best New Artist of 2014 at the Third Coast International Audio Festival. Her work has aired on CBC Radio, PRX Remix, and Cowbird.com.
• Record and edit spoken-word stories from field interviews.
• Design and create a location- based smartphone app to deliver spoken-word audio content.